A design goal of Upsilon was to make it possible to setup a node with configuration, and perfrom most of the analitics/business related fluff from the web interface. In order to do this, it is necessary to associate "metadata" with a service. To do this, click on a service in the interface, and click on "update service metadata".
- Alias - Rename the service wthin the web interface - give it a more friendly name.
- Actions - Associate web links with the service. For example, for email, you might want a link to launch your webmail. Enter 1 link on each line, like
- Metrics - That you would like to pull out of the service output for graphing. Supports both upsilon JSON api metrics, and some nagios metrics like ms|rta for ping
- Default metric - The metric that is shown on the service detail graph by default.
- Icon - A pretty icon to assocate with the service check.
- Has tasks - Marks the service as including tasks in it's output. Example services that use this include astrid
- Has events - Marks the service as including events in it's output. Example services that use this inclue ical
- Result casting options - Cast (relabel) the real status of the service to something else, when critical or bad.
- Physical options - When showing the service on a physical map, where to place it.